Close Menu
Personal Injury Lawyers That Truly Care click here How much is my case worth?
Columbia Personal Injury Attorney > South Carolina Work Injury Attorney

South Carolina Work Injury Attorney

Whether you were injured replacing a home-owner’s roof, in a warehouse forklift accident, while delivering packages, or in any other workplace scenario, you have a right to workers’ compensation benefits, regardless of who caused the accident. But securing these benefits is not always an easy task—employers and their insurance companies, intent on maximizing their own profits, almost always make sure of this. South Carolina work injury attorney Marc Brown will have your back from the beginning to the end of this process.

Filling a No-Fault Workers’ Compensation Claim

If you were injured on the job, the first thing you need to do (after seeking medical help if you have not done so already) is to notify your employer of the injury. You have 90 days from the date you became aware of the injury or illness to do this. The second step should involve reaching out to an attorney to file a workers’ compensation claim. The claim will include medical information, as well as details about where, when, and how the injury occurred.

What Workers’ Compensation Covers

A workers’ compensation claim will earn an injured employee temporary or permanent wage replacement of up to two-thirds their average weekly wages, as well as full medical benefits, and vocational training if it becomes necessary to start a new career due to disability. Wage replacement benefits come in the following forms:

  • Temporary partial disability
  • Temporary total disability
  • Permanent partial disability
  • Permanent total disability

How a Personal Injury Claim Can Help in the Long Run

A personal injury claim can be filed in addition to workers’ compensation in order to maximize your benefits, but only in certain circumstances. If a third party (such as a motorist, property owner, or defective product manufacturer) caused the injury, you can file the claim against them. In certain rare cases, you can file a personal injury claim against your employer if their actions, which caused your injury, rise to the level of recklessness. A personal injury claim allows the injured worker to collect full wage replacement, lost earning ability, pain and suffering, and more.

Filing a Toxic Tort

State and federal laws leave little room for error when it comes to toxic exposure in the workplace. If you were exposed to certain chemicals and you were either not aware of the exposure, you were not provided proper equipment or training, or your employer was not authorized to use the chemicals that you were exposed to, you may be able to file a toxic tort in addition to a workers’ compensation claim. A toxic tort is similar to a personal injury claim in that it enables the injured worker to seek additional damages.

Call South Carolina Work Injury Attorney Marc Brown

In order to get what you are owed for your workplace traumatic injury, illness, or chronic overuse injury, you must work with an attorney. Do not hesitate to contact South Carolina work injury attorney Marc Brown today at (803) 848-0008 to schedule free consultation at your earliest convenience.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn