Columbia Drunk Driving Accident Attorneys
Driving under the influence (DUI) is a serious problem in Columbia, SC, where nearly 38 percent of all car accident deaths are related to drunk driving. These accidents can instantly change lives, leaving victims facing long-term consequences. If you or a loved one has been affected by a DUI accident in Columbia, the Marc Brown Law Firm stands ready to be your legal stronghold, ensuring that justice is served.
Why Choose Our Columbia Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers?
At Marc Brown Law Firm, we offer several compelling reasons to choose us for your legal representation:
- Proven Success in DUI Accident Cases: We have a track record of successfully handling DUI accident claims, ensuring that victims receive the justice and compensation they deserve.
- Client-Centric Approach: We treat our clients like family, providing personalized attention and keeping you informed throughout your case.
- Comprehensive Legal Knowledge: Our team is well-versed in the DUI laws in South Carolina and how they apply to injury claims.
- Strategic Location: Our office is conveniently located in Columbia, SC, at 1530 Richland St. near the Mann-Simons Site, making it easily accessible for local residents seeking legal assistance in DUI accident cases.
- 24/7 Availability: Our team is available around the clock, ensuring we are here for you whenever you need us.
- No Fees Unless We Win: We operate on a contingency fee basis, meaning you pay no upfront costs and only pay legal fees if we win your case.
Recovering Compensation in a DUI Accident
Victims of DUI accidents are entitled to financial compensation for their damages:
- Medical Bills: Covering all medical treatments related to the accident, including future medical needs.
- Pain and Suffering: Addressing the physical and emotional distress caused by the accident.
- Lost Wages: Including potential future income loss due to reduced work capacity.
- Punitive Damages: In cases of particularly reckless behavior, we pursue punitive damages as a form of justice and deterrence.
Where Can DUI Accidents Happen in Columbia, SC?
Accidents can happen in any part of Columbia, SC, but some areas are more hazardous than others. Some of the frequent accident areas in Columbia, SC, are:
- Lake Murray Boulevard: This busy road in Irmo connects many shopping centers, restaurants, and residential areas. It often sees heavy traffic and congestion, especially during peak hours and weekends.
- US-301 and US-176: These major highways cross near Holly Hill, a rural town in Orangeburg County. Many drivers use them to travel between Columbia and Charleston, as well as by commercial trucks and agricultural vehicles.
- Interstate 77: This vital interstate runs through Fairfield County, linking Columbia to Charlotte, NC. It carries a lot of traffic, including commuters, tourists, and military personnel. It also has several construction zones and bridges that pose challenges for drivers.
These are just some examples of accident areas in Columbia, SC, but there are many more.
DUI Accidents & the Injuries They Cause
Common types of DUI accidents we see at Marc Brown Law Firm include:
- Head-On Collisions: Often occurring when a drunk driver veers into oncoming traffic.
- Rear-End Accidents: Typically happen when an intoxicated driver fails to notice slowed or stopped traffic ahead.
- Side-Impact Crashes: Occur at intersections when a drunk driver runs a red light or stop sign, hitting another vehicle from the side.
- Pedestrian Accidents: When intoxicated drivers fail to observe crosswalks or sidewalks, leading to collisions with pedestrians.
The injuries resulting from DUI accidents can be severe, including:
- Head and Brain Injuries: Such as concussions or traumatic brain injuries (TBIs).
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Potentially leading to paralysis or other long-term disabilities.
- Broken Bones: Ranging from fractures in limbs to more severe cases like broken ribs or hips.
- Internal Injuries: Including damage to organs and internal bleeding.
- Cuts and Bruises: Often caused by shattered glass or the force of impact.
- Emotional Trauma: Such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, and depression.
Fighting the Insurance Company After a DUI Accident
Dealing with insurance companies after a DUI accident can be a nightmare. They have a lot of tricks up their sleeves to try to pay you as little as possible.
They might argue that your injuries are not that bad, their client was not at fault, or you were partly to blame. They might also try to rush you into taking a lowball offer, knowing you need money fast to cover your medical expenses and other bills.
We know how to handle these sneaky tactics at Marc Brown Law Firm. We don’t let them get away with it.
We collect and present solid evidence to show how much you deserve for your injuries and how they have affected your life. Our team has the skills and experience to negotiate with insurance companies and make them take you seriously.
We won’t settle for anything less than what you’re entitled to. And if insurers still refuse to pay up, we’re ready to take them to court and fight for your rights.
What to Do After a Columbia DUI Accident
After experiencing a DUI accident, you can take certain steps to significantly aid your case’s success. While immediate medical attention is the most important, there are additional actions you can take to strengthen your claim:
- Follow Treatment Plans: Adhere to the treatment plans and recommendations of your healthcare providers. This not only aids in your physical recovery but also serves as documented evidence of the extent of your injuries and your commitment to healing.
- Keep All Receipts and Records: Document every expense related to your accident. This includes medical bills, prescriptions, rehabilitation, and out-of-pocket costs. These records help calculate the total financial impact of the accident.
- Maintain a Personal Journal: Keeping a daily journal detailing your physical and emotional recovery can provide valuable insights into the ongoing impact of your injuries. This narrative can be powerful in personalizing your case and demonstrating the extent of your suffering and recovery process.
- Obtain a Copy of the Police Report: The police report can be a critical piece of evidence, as it contains an objective account of the accident, including any citations or notes on the driver’s impairment.
- Bring This Information to Marc Brown Law Firm: Compiling and bringing this information to us allows our team to build a comprehensive and strong case on your behalf. We can use this detailed documentation to advocate for your rights effectively and ensure you receive the maximum compensation possible.
Contact an Experienced Columbia DUI Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury in a DUI accident in Columbia, contact Marc Brown Law Firm or call
(803) 962-9286. Our experienced legal team is ready to fight for your rights and ensure you receive the compensation and justice you deserve.