Columbia COMET Bus Accident Attorney
As the victim of a bus crash, you have medical expenses to pay, lost wages due to temporary or permanent disability to consider, and a plethora of other costs associated with your injury. You should not have to cover these expenses yourself if the bus driver or transit company was at fault. Whether you were injured as a pedestrian, cyclist, motor vehicle occupant, or COMET bus passenger, you have the opportunity to recoup your damages by filing a personal injury claim against the Central Midlands Regional Transit Authority, known as COMET. Marc Brown is here to help.
Damages in a COMET Bus Collision
As a victim of a bus crash or other bus injury incident, such as a slip and fall inside the bus, you may be entitled to compensation for the following damages:
- Medical bills
- Ongoing and future medical expenses
- Lost income
- Lost earning ability due to disability
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of joy of life
- Emotional distress
- Property damage
Examples of Negligence Causing COMET Bus Crashes
Buses can be difficult to operate on congested roads, with smaller and faster vehicles constantly cutting in and out of the bus driver’s path and field of vision. However, COMET bus operators must obey the rules of the road, just as all other drivers and road users are obligated to. Speeding, failure to check side view mirrors, cutting off bicyclists in the bike lane, making wide turns that side-swipe other vehicles, and aggressive maneuvers are all likely causes of bus crashes. Furthermore, serious injuries can occur to passengers as they get on or off the bus, as well as passengers standing or walking inside if the driver makes an abrupt speed change. Examples of driver, COMET, and third-party negligence includes:
- The bus driver caused a collision with another vehicle
- The bus driver hit a bicyclist or pedestrian
- The bus driver hit passenger who was getting on or off
- The bus driver made a dangerous maneuver that caused a bus occupant to fall inside the bus
- COMET failed to maintain the bus, resulting in a crash or other injury event caused by negligent maintenance
- A manufacturer’s defective part (such as defective tires) caused a crash
- A third party’s (other driver’s) negligence led to the crash, in addition to the bus driver’s, in which case you would be able to seek compensation from both parties.
Call a Columbia COMET Bus Accident Attorney Today for Assistance With Your Claim
Victims of bus collisions often sustain serious, debilitating injuries that incur expensive hospital bills and require weeks or months of missed work due to disability. These expenses should be covered by COMET, though holding a transit company accountable in any type of personal injury claim is a considerable undertaking, and you will only receive fair compensation by working with an experienced COMET bus accident attorney. We encourage you to reach out for legal assistance by calling Columbia personal injury attorney Marc Brown today at (803) 848-0008 to schedule a free consultation.