Columbia Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
In Columbia, SC, motorcycle accidents can have devastating consequences, often resulting in serious injuries, high medical bills, and significant emotional and financial stress. At Marc Brown Law Firm, we recognize the immense challenges motorcycle accident victims face and are dedicated to helping them pursue a personal injury claim.
Case evaluations are always free, and we can advise you on your legal rights and options. Our experienced team is committed to improving your chances of recovering the maximum compensation you deserve.
Why Choose Marc Brown Law Firm as Your Columbia Motorcycle Accident Lawyers?
Choosing the right legal representation after a motorcycle accident in Columbia, SC, is one of the most important decisions you can make. Marc Brown Law Firm stands out for its experience, personal dedication, and strategic location.
Here’s why we are the right choice for your motorcycle accident case:
- Background in Insurance Defense: Marc’s unique experience includes working in defense for insurance companies. This background gives him insider knowledge of how these companies operate, enabling him to anticipate and effectively counter the strategies used to minimize claims. This experience is valuable in securing the best possible outcome for our clients.
- Client-Centered Approach: We see our clients as more than just case numbers. Every client receives the utmost care and attention at Marc Brown Law Firm. Marc dedicates personal attention to each case, ensuring we hear, understand, and support you throughout the legal process.
- Proven Track Record: Our firm’s success isn’t just in winning cases; it’s in the real impact we have on our clients’ lives. We have a proven track record of achieving favorable outcomes, highlighting our capability to handle complex motorcycle accident cases effectively.
- Community Involvement: Marc Brown’s commitment extends beyond the courtroom. He is actively involved in the community, serving on boards and volunteering. This dedication to service reflects the values at the core of our practice – empathy, fairness, and a deep commitment to justice.
- Convenient Office Location: Our office is strategically located at 1530 Richland St. in Columbia, SC, making it easily accessible for local residents. We are situated near important landmarks such as the S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control and the historic Babcock Building, ensuring that we are at the heart of the community we serve.
- 24/7 Availability and No Upfront Costs: Understanding the unpredictable nature of accidents, we offer round-the-clock availability to our clients. We operate on a contingency fee basis, underscoring our commitment to your success – we only get paid if we win your case.
What Damages Can You Recover?
Victims of motorcycle accidents can pursue compensation for their damages, including:
- Medical Bills: Covering immediate and future medical treatment costs.
- Lost Wages: Compensation for lost income and potential future earnings.
- Long-Term Disability: Addressing any lasting disabilities resulting from the accident.
- Property Damage: Covering repair or replacement of your motorcycle.
- Pain and Suffering: Compensating for physical pain and emotional trauma.
- Punitive Damages: In cases of egregious negligence, additional damages may be available.
Where Can Motorcycle Accidents Happen in Columbia, SC?
Motorcycle accidents can happen anywhere, but some Columbia, SC locations are more risky than others. Some of the frequent places where motorcycle crashes occur in Columbia, SC, are:
- Percival Road: This road is a busy thoroughfare that connects I-77 and US-1 and has many intersections and curves that can pose hazards for motorcyclists. Some common causes of motorcycle collisions on this road are hit-and-run drivers, vehicles crossing the centerline, and poor visibility.
- I-77: The interstate highway that runs through Columbia, SC, is another hotspot for motorcycle accidents, especially near the ramps and exits. Motorcyclists may face challenges like speeding traffic, lane changes, merging vehicles, and road debris. This highway requires motorcyclists to be alert and attentive at all times.
- Summit Ridge Drive: This road near Blythewood is a residential area that has witnessed motorcycle collisions in the past. Factors such as visibility, traffic signals, and road conditions may have played a role.
These are just some of the locations where motorcycle accidents can happen in Columbia, SC, but they are not the only ones.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Understanding the causes of motorcycle accidents is crucial in determining fault and building a strong case. Some common causes include:
- Drunk Driving: Impaired drivers may fail to notice motorcyclists, leading to accidents.
- Left Turns: Motorcycles, being smaller and less visible, are often missed by drivers making left turns.
- Tailgating: A motorcyclist following too closely behind another vehicle may not stop in time, resulting in a collision.
- Lane Splitting: While illegal in South Carolina, there are instances where lane splitting is done for safety, potentially impacting liability.
- Distracted Driving: The use of phones and other distractions can lead to collisions involving motorcycles.
Common Injuries in Motorcycle Crashes
Motorcyclists often suffer severe injuries due to the lack of protection compared to other vehicles.
Common injuries include:
- Broken Bones
- Neck and Spine Injuries
- Head and Brain Injuries
- Sprains and Strains
- Burns and Road Rash
- Internal Organ Injuries
After an Accident: Steps to Take
Identifying the liable party is necessary after a motorcycle accident. This can be another driver, a manufacturer, or even a party responsible for road maintenance. Gathering evidence to prove fault and causation is also necessary, including police reports, eyewitness accounts, and photographs of the accident scene.
Be cautious when speaking to insurance adjusters, as they may attempt to minimize your claim. Organizing medical documents is important to demonstrate the extent of your injuries, and following your doctor’s orders benefits your health and your case.
Get Legal Help from a Columbia Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today
For motorcycle accident victims in Columbia, SC, there is no upfront cost for our legal services. We work on a contingency fee basis, meaning we are paid a percentage of your recovery only if we succeed. Our commitment is to work tirelessly to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Contact our Columbia motorcycle accident lawyers today for personalized legal assistance and to start the journey toward recovery. Call
(803) 962-9286 to set up a free case consultation.