Columbia Hit and Run Injury Attorneys
Hit and run accidents can be particularly distressing, leaving victims with not only physical injuries but also a sense of injustice and unanswered questions.
In Columbia, SC, Marc Brown Law Firm assists victims of hit and run incidents. Our team understands the unique challenges these cases present, from locating the responsible party to dealing with insurance issues.
Our Columbia hit and run lawyers are committed to providing comprehensive legal support to ensure you receive the justice and compensation you deserve.
Why Choose Marc Brown Law Firm for Your Hit and Run Injury Case?
Here’s why Marc Brown Law Firm is the right choice for your Columbia hit and run case:
- Experienced Legal Advocacy: Our firm has extensive experience in handling hit and run cases. We understand the strategies required to resolve these often complex legal situations.
- Dedicated Investigation Resources: We use thorough investigative techniques to track down as much information as possible about the incident and the fleeing party.
- Insurance Negotiation: Dealing with insurance companies in hit and run cases can be challenging. Our team has the experience to handle tough negotiations and protect your interests.
- Personalized Attention: We provide personalized attention to every case, understanding that each situation has its unique circumstances and challenges.
- Accessible Location in Columbia: Our office is conveniently located in Columbia, SC, at 1530 Richland St., near the Hampton-Preston Mansion and Gardens, making it easily accessible for clients in the area. Our strategic location ensures that we are readily available to assist you.
- Commitment to Justice and Fair Compensation: We are dedicated to securing compensation for your injuries and losses in these often frustrating cases.
Compensation in Hit and Run Cases
Victims of hit and run accidents may be entitled to several forms of compensation. Marc Brown Law Firm assists clients in recovering:
In hit and run accidents, medical expenses often form a significant part of the compensation claim. These expenses cover not just immediate medical treatments such as emergency room visits, surgeries, and hospital stays but also ongoing care like physical therapy, rehabilitation, and any future medical interventions necessitated by the accident.
We gather and organize all medical records, bills, and expert opinions regarding your future medical needs to prove these costs. At Marc Brown Law Firm, we work closely with medical professionals to ensure that your present and future healthcare needs are documented and part of your claim.
Compensation for lost income is necessary for those unable to work due to injuries sustained in a hit and run accident. This compensation is not limited to your current lost income but also encompasses potential future income loss, especially if your injuries result in long-term or permanent disability affecting your ability to work.
We collect employment records, pay stubs, and expert testimony on your earning capacity to prove these losses. Our firm diligently works to demonstrate the full impact of your injuries on your current and future financial stability, ensuring that you get compensation for every lost earning opportunity.
Pain and Suffering
Pain and suffering compensation addresses the non-economic damages you experience. This includes physical pain and emotional distress, such as anxiety, depression, and the loss of enjoyment in life post-accident.
Quantifying pain and suffering can be complicated, as it involves placing a monetary value on intangible damages. Our approach involves gathering detailed evidence, including medical records, psychological evaluations, and personal statements detailing how the accident has impacted your daily life and well-being.
At Marc Brown Law Firm, we understand the importance of this aspect of your claim and give it the serious consideration it deserves.
Property damage compensation covers repairing or replacing your vehicle and any other personal property damaged in the hit and run. To prove these damages, we compile repair estimates, receipts, and valuations of the damaged property. Our firm works to ensure that you receive full compensation for the property damage incurred, including any depreciation in the value of your vehicle and costs associated with temporary transportation if your vehicle is inoperable.
At Marc Brown Law Firm, our comprehensive approach to each type of compensation addresses every aspect of your hit and run accident. We are committed to meticulously advocating for your rights and securing the maximum compensation available.
Where Hit and Run Accidents Can Occur in Columbia, SC
Hit-and-run accidents can occur anywhere in Columbia, SC, but some locations are more prone to them than others. Based on historical data and trends, some of the common locations where hit and run accidents can happen are:
- Broad River Road: This busy road has a high volume of traffic and a mix of residential and commercial areas. It also has several intersections and crosswalks, which increase the risk of collisions. Many pedestrians and cyclists use this road to access the nearby amenities, such as schools, parks, and shopping centers.
- Percival Road: This road is a major connector between Columbia and Fort Jackson. It has a lot of curves and hills, which can limit drivers’ visibility. It also has a high speed limit and a narrow shoulder, which make it difficult for drivers to avoid or stop other vehicles or pedestrians.
- Interstate 20: This highway is a major route for commuters and travelers, but it can also be a dangerous place for hit and run accidents. It has multiple lanes and exits, which can cause confusion and congestion. It also has a lot of trucks and trailers, which can cause severe damage to smaller vehicles or pedestrians.
- Two Notch Road: This road is a popular shopping and dining destination, but it can also be risky for pedestrians and cyclists. It has a lot of traffic lights and stop signs, which can create opportunities for drivers to run red lights or fail to yield. It also has a lot of parking lots and driveways, which can create blind spots and conflicts.
If you or a loved one has been in a hit-and-run accident in Columbia, SC, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, and other damages. However, finding and holding the responsible driver accountable can be challenging without the help of an experienced hit and run accident attorney. Contact us today for a free consultation and case evaluation. We will fight for your rights and the justice you deserve.
Types of Hit and Run Accidents & the Injuries They Cause
Hit and run accidents include a range of scenarios, each presenting unique challenges in establishing fault and seeking compensation:
- Parking Lot Accidents: Often occur when a vehicle hits a parked car and leaves the scene. These can cause significant vehicle damage.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Involve drivers hitting pedestrians and fleeing. These can lead to severe or even fatal injuries.
- Side-Swipe Collisions: Typically happen when a driver clips another car while merging or changing lanes and does not stop.
- Rear-End Collisions: Occur when a driver hits the vehicle in front and leaves the scene, often causing whiplash or other injuries.
- Bicycle Accidents: Involving cyclists hit by drivers who leave the scene, leading to potentially serious injuries.
Types of injuries in hit and run accidents can vary widely, including:
- Broken Bones: Common in more severe impacts.
- Head Injuries: Including concussions or traumatic brain injuries, especially in pedestrian or bicycle accidents.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: Such as whiplash, sprains, and strains, often resulting from rear-end collisions.
- Cuts and Lacerations: Caused by shattered glass or metal impacts.
- Emotional Trauma: Including anxiety, PTSD, and stress disorders following the accident.
Fighting the Insurance Company
Dealing with insurance companies after a hit and run accident can be a difficult task. Insurance companies may attempt to dispute your claim or offer a settlement that is less than the full value of your damages. Without legal representation, you may struggle to understand complex insurance laws and policies, which can be overwhelming, especially when recovering from an injury.
Our lawyers will handle all interactions with the insurance company so you don’t inadvertently say something that can damage your claim.
What to Do After an Accident
After a hit and run accident, it’s important to take proactive steps to support your case:
- Adhere to Medical Treatment Plans: Following your doctor’s treatment plan is beneficial for your health and shows the severity of your injuries.
- Document Expenses and Losses: Keep all receipts and records of expenses related to the accident, including medical bills, repair costs, and any lost income due to time off work.
- Maintain a Personal Journal: Documenting your recovery process, pain levels, and how the injuries affect your daily life can provide valuable evidence for your claim.
- Obtain a Police Report: Always file a police report after a hit and run. This report is a critical piece of evidence for your claim.
- Gather Additional Evidence: This can include photos of the accident scene, your injuries, and witness contact information.
- Bring Documentation to Marc Brown Law Firm: Providing us with all the information and evidence you have gathered allows us to build a strong case on your behalf and effectively advocate for your rights.
Contact Our Columbia Hit and Run Lawyers
If you or a loved one has been a victim of a hit and run in Columbia, SC, Marc Brown Law Firm is here to help. We offer a comprehensive legal service to guide you through this challenging time and fight for the compensation and justice you deserve.
Contact our personal injury law firm online or call (803) 962-9286 for your free consultation and take the first step towards recovery and closure.