Sumter Car Accident Lawyer
All drivers are bound by their duty of care when driving, which requires that they obey traffic signs, speed limits, and all other laws and regulations required to keep themselves and others safe. Failure to do this inevitably leads to avoidable car wrecks, resulting in injuries or deaths to others. If you were hurt in a Sumter car accident, you have the right to file a personal injury claim against the at-fault party who caused the crash, thereby seeking compensation for your medical bills, future cost of care, lost wages, and other damages. Marc Brown has assisted countless clients win their claims or civil lawsuits in such matters and is here to provide this service for you and your family in this time of need.
Top Three Causes of Sumter Car Crashes
- Distracted Drivers—Distracted driving is a contributing cause in the vast majority of car crashes. It involves doing anything other than driving, such as texting, talking on the phone, looking up directions, eating, drinking coffee, adjusting the radio, or engaging in the vehicle’s infotainment screen. More drivers than ever allow themselves to be seriously distracted, illogically assuming that their vehicle’s safety features will either prevent a crash from happening, or that they will somehow avoid causing a crash even as they text and drive.
- Aggressive Drivers—Aggressive driving encompasses more than road rage. It includes speeding, tailgating, intentionally cutting others off or aggressively vying for space, intentionally slowing down or doing anything else to “get even” with another road user. As you might have noticed, aggressive driving is rampant in the aftermath of the COVID pandemic; stressed-out drivers feel entitled to speed and take their aggression out on others now more than ever.
- Drunk Drivers—Approximately one third of all fatal car crashes in South Carolina are caused by drunk drivers. The only good thing about being involved in a car crash caused by a drunk driver is the ease of proving that they were at fault.
Some of the common car accidents in Sumter include motor vehicle accidents that are comprised of cars, trucks, semi-trucks, bicycles, and motorcycles. According to the SCDPS, South Carolina had an increase of 4.8% from 2017 to 2018. Being involved in a car accident can be destructive, overwhelming, and financially challenging, as you may have to face mounting medical bills that you might not be able to pay. The damage to the car will have extra expenses on top of that. Car accidents don’t only physically devastate a person by causing injuries that could be life-altering. They are also very overwhelming financially, so let our Sumter car accident lawyer help you navigate through your accident.
Did you know that more than two million people are injured due to auto accidents in one year? One in every three car accidents in Sumter is caused by drunk driving and over speeding.
The losses that a victim faces are priceless. They might lose their loved ones, or the victim could end up facing an injury that is life-changing and irreplaceable. Some people involved in car accidents cannot ever return to their work, which affects their lives tremendously. Things could continue to get worse unless the victim is given some compensation.
In difficult times like these, you need a competent lawyer to fight for your rights and get you the compensation you deserve.
At the Marc Brown Law Firm, we deliver excellent and focused services to the victims of car accidents in the Sumter area. In 2018 the state of SC recorded a whopping 142,406 collisions. We know car accidents happen daily, so we will work to help you when it happens to you or a family member. When their is a fatality, we empathize with your loss and want to help you get the compensation you hold the rights to.
Car Accident Cases We Handle:
- Accidents caused by distracted drivers either texting or using a phone behind the wheel.
- Accidents caused when a car gets run off of the road by an inattentive driver.
- “T-bone” accidents where the other driver runs a red light or stop sign.
- Accidents caused when the other driver fails to yield.
- Rear-end car accidents caused by drivers going too fast or not paying attention.
Our firm will do a thorough investigation on your behalf with your case. We contact witnesses, medical providers, the police and more. We will do everything possible to figure out your claim, what your insurance coverage is, and how to help you receive the full compensation you rightfully deserve. Our firm knows how to collect information efficiently so that your case runs smoothly and as fast as possible.
Damages in a Sumter Car Accident Claim
The amount of compensation you will be able to collect depends on how much insurance the liable party(s) was carrying, as well as the severity of your damages. Damages include:
- Hospital bills
- Future medical care expenses
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional turmoil
- Loss of joy of life
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity due to long-term or permanent disability
If the car crash resulted in death, the victim’s loved one’s may be entitled to additional types of compensation.
Why choose Marc Brown?
Marc Brown Law Firm has offices in Sumter, Orangeburg, and Columbia with many experienced and professional lawyers who work hard day and night to help their clients. Marc Brown is one of the most experienced Sumter personal injury lawyers in the state of South Carolina.
Whenever an individual is stuck in a legal issue they require an experienced, caring, and effective lawyer to fight for them. Most importantly, it is essential that the person can have confidence and trust in their lawyer. Our law firm was established to deliver focused and attentive legal representation to all of our clients facing legal issues.
Before opening the Marc Brown Law Firm, lawyer Marc Brown used to work for a national law firm to defend giant corporations and insurance companies. He gained experience working on both sides of the case. This practice gave him the knowledge and skill to understand how insurance companies assess claims and the things they look for to increase the amount of money they would pay as a settlement offer. Marc is a valuable attorney as he brings his experience of a large law firm to his personalized and smaller firm.
Our law firm takes pride in the fact that all our lawyers work to their full capacity to bring justice to the victims. We do not charge our clients unless we win their case, and since we understand the financial pressure a victim could be going through, we provide them with affordable prices for their cases.
How a Sumter Car Accident Attorney Can Help You Win Your Claim
Negligent drivers and their insurance companies almost always try to deflect blame, or at least attempt to talk you down from the amount they know your case is actually worth. A personal injury attorney prevents this from happening, ensuring that you are paid what you are owed. Sumter car accident attorney Marc Brown has handled every type of car collision, severity of injury, and insurance company, and knows how to get the results you need and want. Call us today at (803) 848-0008 to schedule a free consultation.